Be sure to pick up a Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2) server from HostedGameServers.com (HGS) at our L4D2 game server page!
LIMITED TIME PROMO: http://www.hostedgameservers.com/promocode.php – survivorswillfall – 10 dollars a month public L4D high performance servers!
Other hosts sell cheap, but with the intense AI, things end up lagging! Pay a couple dollars more with us and be sure to get premium performance with your zombie slaying.
hostname “HostedGameServers.com Dedicated Public L4D2″
sv_contact “[email protected]”
setmaster add 220.127.116.11:27011
setmaster add 18.104.22.168:27011
It’s a work in progress of course, but were starting with that! Thought I’d share in case anyone else out there is looking to host a server and needs a server.cfg file.
Just so the public knows, the Left 4 Dead 2 servers we sell are compatible with the Xbox360.
This means you can buy your Xbox360 servers right through HostedGameServers.com and manage them with our control panel!
HostedGameServers.com is installing the Left 4 Dead 2 Demo dedicated server onto its machines right as we speak! Soon we will be hosting Left 4 Dead 2 for the world. Get ready!
In preparation for the Left 4 Dead 2 release upcoming, a page for Left for Dead 2 has been added and our servers are being prepared for launch! When the game is launched and available for dedicated server hosts, we will be ready to take orders.
View more information on Left 4 Dead 2 at: http://www.l4d.com/
Another TF2 update today! Here’s the nitty gritty:
Team Fortress 2
- Added “+quickswitch” command, which brings up a small panel allowing you to rapidly change the loadout of your current class & active weapon slot
- Added server ConVar “tf_teamtalk” to allow alive/dead teammates to talk with each other during a match (default is 0)
- Added 1/2 Bonus Point for healing a teammate with a dropped sandvich
- Updated the class menu to show the local player’s current class
- Updated server ConVar “tf_playergib” to have 3 settings for player gibs: 0: never, 1: normal, 2: always (default is 1)
- Updated “player_hurt” game event to include “damageamount” and “crit” values
- Fixed a rare crash in particle system
- Fixed being able to eat your sandvich (via taunt) and drop it in the same frame
- Fixed not correctly remembering the last weapon if you’re using “remember active weapon” and the last weapon was the weapon in slot 0
- Fixed Medic not being able to release his UberCharge if his team won the previous round and the Medigun was his last active weapon (while using “remember last active weapon”)
- Fixed not remembering the last active weapon correctly if the player didn’t die before the next round restart
- Prevented servers from using steam:// commands in their MOTD text
- Fixed using the regen cabinets to get more health than you should when you switch between weapons with/without max health reduction attributes
- Fixed friendly-fire/spectator exploit using projectiles
- Fixed disguised spies not getting ammo from enemy dispensers
- Fixed thrown sandvich traveling through players before being activated
- Fixed sandviches sometimes spawning inside walls, or being thrown through thin walls
- Fixed fire overlay drawing on hats in DX80
- Fixed an exploit that allowed servers to corrupt client’s item database
- Fixed full packet updates showing cloaked Spies for an instant
- Fixed a prediction error resulting in mis-predictions of crits
- Added new “func_flag_alert” entity that fires an alert when a player carrying a flag starts touching the entity
- Added server ConVar “bot_crouch” to make bots crouch
- Added model override for item_teamflag entity
- Added ability to turn off particle trail for players carrying the item_teamflag entity
- Updated team_train_watcher to support 8 cp/track links (was previously 4)
We recently came up with a guide for installing Mani Mod and even wrote an installer to help you! Give the following a try and you should have manimod up and running in no time! Check out the original guide here: http://forum.hostedgameservers.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36
SSH to your server:
click this link: http://download.hostedgameservers.com/putty.exe
enter your server’s IP in the hostname box
set port to 22
click ‘open’ button
click ‘yes’ to the popup
enter your username found in your control panel and press enter. this is different for each server and is not what you use to login.
enter your password found in your control panel and press enter. this is different for each server and is not wha you use to login. you will not see anything as you type your password for security.
type this and press enter:
click the x and close the putty shell window
Login with your username and password for your server found in your control panel
browse to cstrike/cfg/mani_admin_plugin/adminlist.txt
open the file in notepad
enter your admin user like shown in examples of that file ( STEAM_0:1:877489 A +B +C +D +E +F +G +H +I +J +K +L +M +N +O +P +Q +R +S +T +U +V +W +X +Y +Z +a +admin +b +c +client +d +e +f +g +grav +i +k +l +m +o +p +pban +q +q2 +q3 +r +s +spray +t +v +w +x +y +z )
Done! Restart your server in the control panel.